The Dias Family

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Almost there!

I have to admit that I will be so glad when this is all over. I had my last set of blood test, 24 hr urine, and NST today. We got some lousy news - our doctor called in sick for the rest of the week so we'll be doing the last appointment, induction, and delivery with three different doctors. We meet with one doctor tomorrow to check my cervix and give us last minute induction instrustions. Then when we go in on thurs, it will be a different doc softening the cervix, and then on friday yet another doc will be starting the pitocin.. and who knows, if labor goes to Saturday, it might be a fourth doc! I mean, I know it isn't her fault she got sick, but no one is going to know the case as well. We would ask them about postponing until she was back but I've been feeling really bad the last couple of days and the blood pressures I've been taking at home are consistently getting up there. I have pretty much a constant headache. I'm just going to be glad when she is here and we are reminded of what all this is for.

Jose is super busy at work trying to tie up loose ends so he can take thurs through next week off. The house is pretty much ready to go. We have to throw a few more things in our bag.

This little one inside me is getting strong - her kicks and movements are powerful and I just have a feeling that everything will be really good with her when she comes out. Sleep is becoming more and more difficult.

We found out that Spike it going to need knee surgery sometime in the next few months. Jose took him in for shots and had the vet look at a leg that spike would avoid putting weight one every once in a while. At some point, he blew his knee cap out of wack and it is causing some inflamation. But, that is why we do pet insurance.

Shell and dad are driving up on Thurs and while it will be cool to bring the baby home with snow on the ground, the drive may be a little slow with snow and possibly ice.

I feel worse whenever I try to do anything around the house so I've been watching the Sopranos from season one. In some ways it is such a horrible show and in other ways it is so good.

This might be the last entry before our baby announcement entry!!

1 Comments:

At 3/08/2006 9:46 AM, Blogger Alison said...

Best wishes for a speedy and low-pain delivery! I can't wait to see pics of your little girl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home