35 weeks today


So the above pictures are Jose putting together the pack 'n play that the baby will sleep in for the first few months in our room (thanks again siblings :) ). It is now set up in our room. We've been getting some good snow in the valley so here is the latest of our back yard. I love it when there is snow on the ground but it is sunny outside. The prego picture is from last Wednesday when we finished our 8th month! So today we are 8 months and 1 week. I look about the same.All the tests this week came back okay and my blood pressure is staying stable (well stable when I'm doing nothing - it always goes up if I do something or go to the doctor or whatever, it hasn't been scary high since the hospital though). This is all good news. My blood pressure seemed to be rising on Saturday so the doctor had us go to the hospital for some tests - everything ended up fine. Today we had our weekly appointment with the doctor and she brought up something we were kind of expecting but were hoping would not come up. In one or two weeks she wants to do an amnio to see how far the baby's lungs are developed and if the baby is looking good, she wants to induce. She basically said that if the baby is doing well, she'd rather get the baby out rather than sitting and waiting for something to go bad. She asked us what we thought about the plan. This is just a rough question at this point. There is one side that we'd like to go to full term to make sure the baby is okay and possibly starting labor naturally. But, the other side is that there would certainly be some relief in being done with the bed rest and done with the weekly tests. I think ultimately we'll got with the doctor's recommendation. I guess I am happy that we are still talking about delivering vaginally. If we have petocin, we won't be able to be mobile because you have to monitored constantly. And, it is likely we won't be able to go drug free because if my blood pressure starts to go up, they'll want to do an epideral to lower my blood pressure. I guess I've accepted that mainly because I'd rather have the epideral than a c-section. We are thankful for not being in an emergency situation.

1 Comments:
Hooray for being 35 weeks! Your little one is almost fully cooked! Pre-eclampsia tends to help babies' lungs mature faster because of the stress in the womb, and you probably got the steroid shots in the hospital, so her lungs are more than likely awesome at this point. I got the steroid shots and Mason only had respiratory distress for his first day, and that was at 32 weeks. You're in the home stretch, whoohoo!
Post a Comment
<< Home