33 weeks and 2 days
Yesterday, Kim arrived with here family for a weekend of skiing. She hung out with me yesterday afternoon and it was really nice to see family. Last night when Jose and Kim were about to head home, a woman came in to give me a massage! It was really nice! But, it didn't help me get to sleep. I'm having trouble going to sleep and staying asleep, but I think this would probably be happening if I was at home since I'm reaching the end of the pregnancy. I'm going to start napping on a regular basis. So, I'm still doing good today but I'm not feeling great from lack of sleep. They had to start using other veins from my daily blood test today. I figured it would happen eventually but not this soon. So instead of the crook of the elbow, the drew from a veil on my upper arm - not fun. I was just starting to get over my fear of needles and this is not helping. In the big picture I know that it isn't a big deal but it is a bummer because I have many more days ahead of me and not too many more places I would want to be stuck!
My labs still came back normal and my blood pressure is still looking good. I'm waiting for the results of my 24 hour urine test to see how the protein is doing, and of course I have my NST in the afternoon. Although, Sarah gave me some great advice I hadn't heard yet - that if you have fruit or juice before hand, the baby can end up being more reactive. So things are prettty good going into the weekend.
When you will be in the hospital, you find out about all the extra resources available - like the massages, a physical therapist, a rec therapist.. and I found out that I don't have to stick to the menu they give me, I can order anything that is in the cafeteria including fruit smoothies - I'm starting to feel spoiled :)
Until tomorrow!

1 Comments:
I am so glad the baby is staying put for now :). And I'm REALLY glad you're not on the magnesium drip - that's the worst! Email or call me anytime, especially if you need reassurance that your pre-eclampsia baby is going to be just fine (I've got plenty of stories about Mason!).
Post a Comment
<< Home