Update
So I've once again let too much time pass betwee blogs but we've been super busy with Christmas shopping, maternity shopping, cookie making, and getting ready to go to Sunnyvale.
We've sort of wimped out on Christmas stuff this year. We did put up lights but didn't do a tree or pull out decorations. It just seemed too chaotic with still trying to find places for all the stuff that was in the office. Last Saturday I did make Christmas cookies with our friend Jen from work. We made Snickerdoodles, Chocolate cookies, Hershey Kiss peanut butter cookies, gingerbread cookies, and fudge. The fudge was the only thing that was a bit disappointing. I still haven't figured out the right way to adjust for the altitude with temp sensitive baking. The day was fun and that night Jen's husband Anthony came over too and we had yummy swiss cheese fondue with chocolate fondue for dessert! On Sunday we finished up our X-mas shopping - yippeee!! and got christmas cards and gifts out in the mail on monday.
I guess I've skipped two weekends here... so, the weekend before we spent all day saturday christmas shopping and maternity clothes shopping. For those of you who know me well, you know I hate clothes shopping and then buying clothes for an ever expanding body wasn't the thrill of my month.. but.... Jose was in there the whole time as was an ENORMOUS help. The other fantastic thing I discovered is the Maternity bra! Oh my gosh, I had no idea how uncomfortable I was making myself by staying in my old one. It was such a difference that I wore new one out of the store.. I guess it makes sense since I've apparently gone up one to two sizes around and up a full cup size. Anyway, with the size my belly is at (look for the six month picture next week) not of my regular clothes were fitting so now I have enough belly clothes to go a little over a full week without wearing the same thing.. so I'm feeling pretty set. Christmas shopping with jose was fun too.. we are way more efficient when we do it together. We were exhausted at the end of the day.
On the pregnancy side of things, things are going great. We feel her move every day which is so much fun. My belly is getting bigger and bigger and I'm getting lots more comments from people about how I'm really looking pregnant. It is a bit shocking just how much your body changes shape but amazing as well. I got my first stretch marks :( It was a hard thing to see but I've been told they might go away. We can't believe how fast everything is going. After the new year we'll be in our 3rd trimester already -crazy! We start our Bradley classes in January so hopefully that will help us feel more prepared. As for this week, we have our company Christmas party tonight and then tomorrow morning we are off for a week in Northern California to visit with Jose's dad. We are very happy to report that he has finished his last cancer treatment and all signs point to the treatments working. We'll be back in SLC for the new year. We are also anxiously awaiting for the arrival of Cori and Dan Kraft's baby, Isabella who is due on Dec 25!
We hope everyone has a fantastic holiday!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home