That song from Sleeping Beauty
Kayla loves her sunglasses but I occassionly forget to bring them in the car. If I do, before long, I hear "too bright" and a request for the glasses from the back seat. We were driving at sundown tonight so I passed her mine.

At the pool at Papa Dicks
I was off doing something else and looked over to find that kayla had laid out her stuffed animals. I asked what she was doing and she said "laying with my stuffed animals" - well duh mom :)
Since Kayla was a tiny baby, I have sung her the "Once upon a dream" song from Sleeping beauty as one of her lullabies. As her toddler opinions developed, she nixed the song for a while from our evening repertoire. On a recent road trip, I had her watch S.B. for the first time and she has seen it here and there since then. Well, I started singing the song to her tonight and she suddenly looks at me intently and says "that song from sleeping beauty", "yes it is kayla", "sing that song, I like that song". Don't asked me why this touched my heart but it did. I think that song connects me instantly to my earlier motherhood days and it is amazing to me how quickly she has gone from that tiny baby to a little person who can recognize where a song comes from. She has made these kind of connections for a while but they still amaze me. Their brains develop at lightening speeds and it is such and honer to watch her grow.
One last note - kayla has mastered water wings after only a few times with them in the pool. She can propel herself across the pool by kicking but also just float in place and also with swallowing gallons of pool water (like she did when we first tried them out).
Some time this week I hope to post the pictures from our summer travels!
I wish the Twilight series wasn't such a quick read - I miss my vampires!!!!! and I can't believe it is over! ps - if you are a Twilight series fan in San Diego and I don't know it, let me know!!! My Twilight friends are in Salt Lake City and I need some to see the movie with who can be as outraged as I am at the casting of Edward!!!
okay - freaky ... I swear I live in a good neighborhood but on a night when Jose is away, I walked out my front door to find 4 police cars parked out front.... hmm, I guess you never know who your neighbors are :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home