Back home and working on the house! We've had a marathon of traveling over the last few months and are finally home for a while. I'm hoping to get pictures up from the travels but I haven't been great about blogging so I'm not promising anything :). I just cannot believe how all-over-the-place this year has been. We still have no pictures on the walls and finally got to some projects this weekend that would have been nice to have finished months ago. We were working on organizing the garage (so that both cars can fit in there) and filling in the parts of our yard that havn't been put into place yet. In April we ripped out everything in our front and back yards, laid new concrete and put in EasyTurf (synthetic grass). We left spots for real plants to go in but hadn't gotten to it since April. This weekend, we planted a couple of random plants and finally planted our veggi & herb garden. While I realize that this is really not the time of year for planting, we just wanted to get it started and hope that San Diego weather cuts us a break :). It was a lot of hot work but it was nice to get some things done around the house.
Kayla is sooooo much fun these days. She will get involved with what we are working on and is excited to help. When she gets bored with helping she is really good with her self-play. So, while we were working it was fun to see her go back and forth between being involved and playing by herself. She is definitely not a baby anymore and at times it makes me sad but most of the time I am just awed by the honor of watching this wonderful little person developing. She is strong willed and opinionated but soooo lovable. She brightens a room with her smile.
Kayla is sooooo much fun these days. She will get involved with what we are working on and is excited to help. When she gets bored with helping she is really good with her self-play. So, while we were working it was fun to see her go back and forth between being involved and playing by herself. She is definitely not a baby anymore and at times it makes me sad but most of the time I am just awed by the honor of watching this wonderful little person developing. She is strong willed and opinionated but soooo lovable. She brightens a room with her smile.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home