The Dias Family

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Weekend Summary and Playdates

Kayla's new Squish toy.. as with everything else right now, she likes chewing on it :)



Our neighbors set up a little pool in the back yard and we took Kayla for a dip. This is Anthony - he is 3
We got the highchair - she looks so tiny in it!!! We aren't planning on starting solids until another month but we found the one we wanted so we went for it. It is the Graco contempo - it is sooo great how small it folds up.

The weekend was pretty relaxed (for me :) ). Our friend was supposed to be here for the weekend with his boys but he ended up canceling. Friday we had some friends over for a tri-tip bbq and games - it was really fun. Saturday morning Kayla and I got up early to beat the heat and met up with Barb and Riley and the Pioneer park for the Farmer's market. It was amazing and I hope we can go back next week. I got a HUGE zucchini for $.25

Jose was working on his truck all weekend with some new rover guys he has met in the area. He basically lifted his truck (put taller springs on and new lifetime shocks) - you should all be impressed that I knew that much about it :)

I managed to make some progress on the projects around the house. Jose put together the media shelf and I have half the CDs organized. The photo frame is finished but needs to be hung. I finished up our tax prep and got that off to our accountant (big relief to have that one done). I want to get that 2002 album finished, but Kayla's been kind of fussy. Sometime in the next week I have to go clothes shopping - YUCK... I need a formal dress for Mark's wedding on Aug 5. The styles I normally wear for formal attire no longer work for my new size so I'm a little nervous about finding something.

This week seems to be my week of playdates. Yesterday I met up with a girl I met at Futurevision, Erica. She is a stay at home mom too and has two adorable boys. Her youngest is 2 months older than Kayla. We had a really good time and it was great to catch up with her. We'll definitely do it again. I'm on a few mom mailing lists and so today met a mom who was looking for some moms with babies under a year. We met for bagels and she was great and I'm looking forward to getting to know her better. Tomorrow is my weekly lunch with barb. Thursday is The Little Gym again. And Friday is my day of rest :)

I'm REALLY excited for Sunday because my sister, Shelley, is coming to stay for a month. We won't see a ton of her because she is doing a rotation out her but we'll take all the time we can get :)

TTFN!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home