The Dias Family

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Our first little gym...

Salt Lake City used to have a Gymboree but I heard recently that the franchise is currently still for sale for this area. The alternative here is The Little Gym. Classes start when babies are 4 months old and they are all about movement and music for the little ones. We had our first class today. She really enjoyed it. I thought she would be overwelmed right away with all the colors and babies and noises but she was loving it - she was studying all the babies, smile-flirting with the mommies, and listening intently. After about 25 minutes she did start getting overstimulated and cried to be held but I was amazed she enjoyed it that long. The only disappointing thing was that they did bubbles at the end and by that point she was cuddled up to me and almost asleep so I didn't get to see if she liked them. The instructor was great - kayla got a kick out of her. It is a lot of activity for little ones packed into a short amount of time. She is the youngest in the class but I think that is good before anxieties start setting in. Anyway, I'm really glad we started it - I think it will be really good for her. So now we have 2 weekly activies: lunch with Barb (see pictures below) and Little Gym. And of course we have stroller stides 2-3 times a week but that is her morning nap so I'm not sure she even knows we are doing that :)
So I think Kayla has settled into a 2 nap schedule now.. I spent a large chunk of last week trying to get her down for a noon nap until I realized it was taking 2-3 hours to get her down. So now, it seems she takes a 1pm or 2 pm nap depending on how long the morning nap is. New changes every week :) As you can see in the video below she has officially started laughing :).... so cute and I want more of it!! Monday, she was super fussy and I'm pretty convinced it was pre teething stuff. She doesnt' have buds but had all the symptoms of pre-teething.. She has been happy the rest of the week. The sleep has been a little better since the weekend. Bedtime has been around 7:30 then. Most of the week she would then wake up at 9 or 10, then 1, 3 and 5 or 6. This morning was the first morning I didn't end up sleeping with her on the recliner and was the best night of sleep. She went down really easily at 7:30, didn't wake up until 11:45, then not until 3, and then 6:30 and up for the day around 7:30. We're getting there.. it is just one of the struggles of this age! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home