The Dias Family

Friday, June 23, 2006

Something new everyday...

Well, I thought I was getting lucky with the sleep thing but oh how things change. There is a very good reason I haven't blogged for over a week - major sleep deprivation. Since about Thurs of last week, Kayla has had conjestion. It was pretty bad for a few days but now it is barely there. The problem is that I don't know that I've had more than 2 hours of sleep in a row since then. The sleep started going downhill in vegas and hasn't recovered - so now I'm wondering is it still that she is a tiny bit congested or is she moving to a new sleep pattern. I just got a little spoiled there because after her 10 pm feeding, she would sleep until 3 or sometimes 4 and occassionally 2. I'm crossing my fingers that it might be a growing spirt and she needs the extra feedings but she is up pretty much every 1 and a half. Two nights ago, she drank over 4 oz which is more than she ever has before but only slept until 1 am. I kind of feel like I'm not producing enough for her so a growth spirt is a possibility. Yesterday she cried for most of the afternoon so it was a rough day. When Jose came home he took over and I took a bath a read a book - some much needed me time. Today she has been pretty happy so I'm crossing my fingers - still doesn't seem like she is getting enough from the breast.

Speaking of today - I took Kirsten's advice and tried her with a Baby Einstein video - it was a hit! I had to keep changing her position but she really liked it. She stayed on her tummy for the longest she ever has - thanks kirsten for the great trick for extra tummy time. She is becoming such a baby - I can't tell you how much I love the cooing. She has now grown into size 3/6 mo. and she weighs 11 1/2 lbs! While she was on the gymini today, she rolled from her back to her side. Now, she has rolled from her side to stomach before but she didn't make the whole rotation. Now that she can move her head both ways to look at things she has that reverse male-pattern baldness but what is cool is - where hair has worn away, new hair is coming in! So cute!

So last weekend, Kayla had her first car trip. We went to Las Vegas to meet up with my dad's family for a little reunion - there are 15 of us now! The drive went okay. The first half she slept, the second half she was pretty entertained but the shadows coming in the window until we had about an hour to go. We stopped to feed her again and she was hungry or wet, she just wanted someone in the back seat to talk to her ;). We stayed at my parents time share at the Hilton towards the end of the strip near Circus Circus. It was great introducing Kayla to everyone. Her Aunt Kim, Uncle Dan, and cousins Blake and Brooke were there on Friday night and Uncle Kevin, Aunt Shelley, Uncle James, and Soon to be Aunt April came on Saturday. She has a lot of love around her for sure!

The first night everyone went down to the pool, it was the perfect introduction for her because it was dark so we didn't have to worry about sun screen and it was Vegas so it was so hot that we didn't have to worry about her getting cold. She loved the water. She held her head up and kicked her feet (her mom and dad had fun with it too :) ). The rest of the weekend involved card games, some gambling and buffets. It was Jose's first father's day. Kayla got him a william sonoma bbq set, grilling planks for fish, a picture of she and her mommy, and a beer mug with Kayla's picture on it. The weekend was a lot of fun and we already miss everyone! We hope that the final 4 comes to Vegas and we'll make this a regular reunion.

We left WAY too late on monday and around 11pm decided to stop and get a hotel 2 hours south of SLC. We were just too tired from not getting enough sleep and the winds were picking up so the cars were getting moved on the road.

Jose has had a LONG week of work and I've had a long week of no sleep. I didn't make it to exercise at all this week, I feel like I've just been surviving. We did meet up with our friends Cori and Dan and their baby, Isabelle. We'll be seeing more of them on Sunday and Monday!

I'm way late on this month's set of pictures but will hopefully have the link up by the end of the weekend. Wish us luck on sleep tonight - she has taken a nap long enough for me to do this blog entry so I have high hopes!

1 Comments:

At 6/26/2006 11:36 AM, Blogger Kalli Elizabeth Mendoza said...

J!!
Sorry to hear about your lack of sleep...is this what I have to look forward to?? ;)
She is the cutest thing ever...looks like she'll be a great swimmer like KC!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home