What a week!
This could have been the busiest week we've had since Kayla was born. Last week, Jose had a super busy week at work and in addition Dan H was in town on business for two days. Last Wednesday I sent Jose to an INXS concert as a my father's day present to him. He and his friend Brian went and had a great time but it added to the already busy week. On Thursday we flew to San Jose in the morning. Jose had a training class to go to on Thur and Friday. Kayla and I met up with some of my friends from Cal Poly for Thai food. It was great to see them! Then I went and introduced Kayla to her paternal grandparents for the first time. Her grandma (Avô) was delighted to meet her and held her and talked to her right away. Over the time of the visit, Avô got her to vocalize more than she ever has before. Her grandfather (Avó) took out his camera right away to start getting his first shots of her). Soon after we got there, her Aunt Sejal, Uncle antonio, and her cousins came by. Shaylan and Shaan were excited to meet and hold her after seeing pictures (they have lots of practice with babies since they have a baby brother). Kiran, Kayla's 1 year old cousin got pretty jealous when his parents held Kayla - we're sure they'll be best buds in about a year. That night, everyone came over again for dinner. It was fun to have everyone together. On Friday, Avô and I joined Sejal and Antonio at Shaylan and Shaan's preschool end-of-year party. They did a great job singing. Saturday we slept in with Kayla and then met Eve and her boyfriend Mike for lunch at another Thai restaurant (we try to eat as much thai as possible while we are in CA since we can't find any good Thai here). In the afternoon we went to the part at Shoreline. We took a walk and flew kites with Antonio, Sejal and the cousins. That night we had a bbq at Antonio and Sejal's. Sunday we met up with Jose's friends at Dim Sum. This is about the 3rd time I've had Dim Sum and I learned something new about Jose. Apparently Jose is a huge Dim Sum fan - I didn't know this because the first time we had it together we both got food poisoning so we haven't gone since. We stopped by to see the cousins one more time before we left and saw Sejals parents.
The weekend was good and Kayla did great. She even kept her schedule about normal. We were super impressed with her first plane flight. We gave her her paci to help with her ears and it seemed to work because she slept most of the time. She slept in her car seat and stayed about to her home sleep schedule. I think we did pretty well over all for our first trip away from home - we do it again this weekend in Vegas with my family. José's mom taught me to knit while we were there so we'll see if I can get going on a 1 year old sweather for Kayla now :)
Kayla got very vocal over the last week. She "talks" about as easily as she smiles now. Sometimes it gets loud :) They are very happy sounds. She continues to get stronger physically. She can hold her head up higher and longer on her stomach but I haven't gotten a picture yet. It is allowing her to stay a little longer on her stomach now. She has been batting at objects on the gymini for a little while now but this week she has started to grab the objects. She doesn't do it every time but is definitely doing it.
I think she is fighting another cold :( She didn't sleep AT ALL last night. We spent most of the night on the recliner together. I think I was awake every half hour - I'm pooped - needless to say, I skipped my exercise class this morning. She is congested but doesn't have a runny nose and doesn't have a fever. In addition to her continual spitting up she has started drooling too :) Her pooping seems like it has regulated now. She is pretty much going once a day (sometimes 2 times) and only occassionally skips a day - it is such a relief. Kayla is overall a pretty happy baby which is so much fun. If she fusses she generally needs something. If she is rested, dry, and fed, she usually is smiling and talking. It amazes me how much she changes each day and it amazes me that my love for her keeps growing and growing.
This weekend we meet my dad and all my siblings in Vegas. It will be the first time for her in a pool! It will also be her first long car ride - yikes! We are looking forward to seeing everyone!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home