

Well, we had a busy but fun weekend. Unfortunately Jose was at work for 12 hours on Saturday :( Kayla and I ran some errands which included picking out the plants for our garden. We are WAY late in planting it but hope we get some fresh veggis out of it. Then Jen took me to get a pedicure for my birthday. Then we went to dinner and saw the Break-up. I brought a bottle rather than trying to breastfeed in the theatre. It worked out really well. She only cried out once and there was another baby there making a lot more noise. She actually was awake for a lot of it. We decided she was feeling Jennifer Aniston's pain when she gets waxed in the movie because that was the only time Kayla jumped. When the screen would get bright, Kayla would turn to look at it for a while. Have I mentioned on here how much kayla LOVES lights and shadows right now - she is fasinated by them.
Sunday morning Jen, Jose and I went on a hike in Millcreek canyon. Jose had Kayla in the bijorn and kayla did great! It felt really good to be outside. (In the picture above, I have Kayla on my chest but the very first part of the hike was super steep and it wore me out quickly.) After lunch Jose and I worked in the yard while Kayla took a long nap. We got the garden planted so hopefully we'll have tomatoes, eggplant, bell peppers, jalapenos, chili peppers, basil and rosemerry soon! We finished off the weekend with a bbq.
Kayla is a happy girl when is awake and alert. She is definitely batting at objects now. In the picture above she was getting such a kick out of hittingi the toys on the gymini. Her best time is the morning so I've starting putting on a nursery rhymes cd and singing them to her. She smiles, moves her arms and kicks her legs.
Last week I finally got down to business about researching mom's groups in Utah. As far as I've been able to find, there aren't any programs like Mommy and me in CA. I found two promising web site. One turned out to be like a dating page for moms - you post a profile and then search for other moms. That isn't really what I wanted since it seems sort of artificial to basically have a blind date with another mom. The other site was for a group that looked promising but I'm not sure about it now. Most of the activities are at 7pm on Tues and you really aren't supposed to bring the child. It seems like the main purpose of the group is to get away from the kids and that wasn't really what I was looking for. I haven't decided if I'll do it yet because they do have some kid group functions. But, through them, I found out about Stroller Strides. It is a fitness program where you meet other moms at a park and an instructor does an hour long exercise program that includes cardio and resistence training. The group also does playgroups and get togethers. It sounded really great for me. On Monday I met the group at Red Butte Garden which is a botanical garden at the university that I had never been to before. It was a fantasic place to walk around and meet some of the mom's in the group. This morning I did my first actual class with Stoller Strides. It kicked my butt but I loved it. You go at your own pace but I did some walking and some jogging (first time jogging since well before I was pregnant). The muscle toning stuff is what really wore me out. I joined the group and am going to try to go as often as I can. I think it is exactly what I needed in terms of getting some motivation to get back in shape and to meet some local moms. So, I'm really excited about it. I also found out that I can start going to mom and baby yoga now so hopefully next week for that one. Later this summer I will start Kayla at little gym and in the fall we'll be doing a program called Music Together and also hopefully swim classes.
It has been a hot one today and I think it will keep getting hotter. So, things are going great. It is so cute when Jose comes home from work because when jose takes her, she always gives him the biggest smile - happy to see her daddy at home. The sleep thing is going okay. It seems like the nights are either like last night (up every two hours - and she is hungry at those wakings) or she sleeps until around 4 and then wakes up again at 6 or 7 so it isn't too bad. Her pooping has gotten to be more around every 3 days for the last 9 days so that has taken some stress off. I try to give her tummy time but she hates it. yesterday she rolled from tummy to back. She has done this before but before she was always crying - this time she just did it.

1 Comments:
She is so adorable, I almost can't stand it.
Post a Comment
<< Home