Kayla is home!!!!!
Oh happy day! Kayla was discharged from the hospital around 4pm yesterday - a few hours shy of two weeks since she had been admitted. We drove her home and have spent the time since just figuring her out. I am only supposed to breastfeed for 2 feedings a day and those have to be followed up by bottled that are fortified with extra calories. So, at each feeding, Jose gives her a bottle of breast milk fortified with formula while I pump. Last night was an experience - definitely our initiation. We discovered that she is quite addicted to swaddling. So finally at 5 in the morning, we put her in one of the swaddlers with velcro and she slept for 3 to 4 hours. Before that, she had slept at most 30 minutes during the night. Jose is off from work on Monday and Tuesday so we have 4 days to just enjoy being a family and figuring out all her little sounds. Besides making sure she eats enough, the other concern the doctor brought up is her lungs and issues with RSV. The lungs are pretty much healed but she is still at risk around smokers and people with colds (or people who are around small children alot). So, for about 4-6 weeks, we can't have any visitors except grandparents and we can't go where there are crowds - basically just doctor's visits and back. In my we'll get to officially introduce her to our Salt Lake friends.
I'm healing well and while I would have given anything to bring her home when I got home from the hospital, it is nice to have 2 weeks of healing under my belt so I can take care of her better.
Don't be surprised if there isn't a blog entry for a while - we will simply be enjoying having our little girl home!

1 Comments:
Hooray! We're so happy for you guys!
Post a Comment
<< Home