We are very happy to announce that baby number 2 is due September 15, 2009. We are 8 weeks along and saw the heart beat today. The baby is 19mm and has a head, and arm/leg buds :) We are really happy and Kayla is really excited about "her" new baby. On the day we took the pregnancy test, we told her there was a baby in mommy's tummy. She wanted to see it of course and we told her it had to grow bigger before we can see it. On the same day, the three of us were walking together and she says "daddy put the baby in mommy's belly and mommy's going to push it out". Neither of us had told her this but she must have put it together through things I had told her when we were visiting pregnant friends. We figured - hey, it is good that conversation is out of the way :) At random times of the day she will say it again or say that the baby needs to get bigger before we see it. If you ask her if it is a boy or a girl she'll tell you that it is a sister/girl. If you ask her "what if it is a brother"? She says "no, I want a sister"! The first trimester is hitting me ALOT harder than it did with Kayla. With Kayla I was tired and had a couple days that I was a little queasy but was generally just enjoying the little one inside me. But, with this pregnancy, I am wiped out - napping for hours (I rest during Kayla's nap and then put on a movie when she gets up) and I feel sick all day and very few foods feel good. When I put Kayla to bed tonight, she said, "mommy, the baby's taking all you energy and when I was in you tummy, I took all you energy. Then the baby will grow big so we can see her." We've been telling her that the baby is using mommy's energy to grow bigger so that it can come out and join our family. We'll keep you posted!



3 Comments:
Congratulations! I had a weird feeling something might be going on. Go Baby Dias! We're so happy for you all!!
Congratulations! I love Kayla's take on the whole situation. Fischer was DEAD SET on it being a boy, he wouldn't waver a bit, and when we found out it was a girl, he made sure to tell us that she doesn't need a name, we'll just call her "baby girl, nothing else". Have fun with the queasy crap, I had that too and didn't experience it the first time around. It bites, I'm sorry. I have my fingers crossed for you guys that this baby stays inside its Mama till it is totally cooked! No early arrivals this time!
You can think of Amy right now... she is OVER due! She was due on Tuesday.
Miss you, Jennifer!
We are so excited for you. I wish so much that I could be there to see you prego again. The last time you were preggie was around the time our friendship really started. It was fun to watch you grow and to spend time with you chillin' in the hospital. I am sorry you were sick...the bright side is that at least you dont have to go to China! HAHA. Eating little things all of the time helped me control the nasuea...wheat thins and string cheese were my lifesavers. For smells I used mentholatum in my nose, because anything I smelled would make me throw up. I also tried coke syrup..you just pour a little over ice and it really helps. I hope it doesn't last too much longer. I can't believe this little one will be almost one year to the day older than our little guy! I wish we were in the same state so that they could know each other. I am thinking about you! I love you lady!
Love Jen & Family Alleman
Post a Comment
<< Home