We just love our K.I.D. soooo much!
Okay, I have too much to catch up on now to remember all of it! Jeez! I the time since I've written I had my first mothers day turned 29, and Kayla gets cuter by the day.
My first mother's day was great. We went to Sugarhouse park by our house and had a picnic with the dogs under the shade of some trees. It was very relaxing and Jose gave me a beautiful necklace that has each of our birth stones in it.
Kayla and I went to our first movie together with our friends Jen and saw Mission Impossible III. I didn't have to take her our once which was nice. I had to feed her quite a few times but she mostly slept. It was kind of amazing because it was a very loud movie and the explosions didn't seem to phase her. While I was able to watch the whole movie, I don't know if I'll try it again. It was a lot of work to keep her calm. But, I sure do love the movies - we might try it one more time.
My mom came into town on Friday night and we went to have a yummy dinner at the Melting Pot (a fondue place). On Saturday my mom and I went to a place in Town called "Thanksgiving Point". I don't know exactly how to describe it but there are huge gardens, a dinosaur museum, shops, a petting zoo, golf course and a few other things. We just kind of browsed the place but I definitely want to go back to the gardens to take some pictures - it will be a fun outing for Kayla and I. Jose was offroading for the weekend with our friend Paul and his two boys in Moab. He came back on Sunday and we all celebrated my birthday together. We had a nice walk to get donuts and coffee. My mom and I went through old pictures of Shelley and I to try to figure out who Kayla looks like. I also went through my baby book to get ideas for Kayla's scrapbook. My mom gave me a bunch of scrapbooking tools to help get me started. That night we all went to dinner at one of Jose and my favorite spots - Tuscany. Jose gave me a full spa day as a birthday present - I can't wait!
Kayla is doing great except for not pooping. The doctor and everything we read says that it is fine that she is only pooping once a week since her belly is soft and the stools (when the happen are normal - mustardlike). We massage her belly and use the themometer trick (I won't got into details) but it is still only about once a week. The reflux is definitely still there but has improved with the Zantac.
Btw - Jose's brother in law and sister gave us a book for X-mas called Baby 411.. we are just finding it to be THE BEST book for new parents. It gives you complete, straightforward answers and advice to new parent. It has put us at ease too many times to count.
Other than those two issues she is doing GREAT!!! Her head is getting so strong and she can lift it up for a lot longer. She is awake a lot more often and is noticing more around her. Her eyes are open a ton. She is cooing and smiling on a lot more regular basis. Last Friday morning I had her in bed with me and she would change her reaction based on what I sang. If it was upbeat she'd kick her legs and smile and if it was slow she would get quiet. It was a wonderful moment! If she is happy you can get her to smile pretty easily - same with the cooing. Oh, she is just so much fun!!
So things are great here!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home