Our little trooper
Today was Kayla's 2 month well baby checkup and as many of you know, that meant her first round of immunizations. She had a blood draw and two shots in each leg. I have to admit that I had to leave the room before it started. Jose was such a trooper to hold her and when I came back in, the nurse told me that Jose is great with Kayla and I'm really lucky to have him - something I very much knew already :) I went to the waiting room but could still hear her crying. Jose said the nurse did a very quick job. She has done pretty well since the appointment. Mainly she has been sleepy which means she might be up all night but we'll see. We are giving her tylenol. We also gave her a warm bath to help relax her.
The appoinment was exciting in terms of her growth. She weighed in at 9 lb 3.5 oz with puts her in the 15% for weight. Her length was 21.5 inches which is the 25% and her head was in the 3%. This is great. When we first went in (when she was 2 weeks, her weight and length were in the 5% and her head wasn't on the chart yet. When we described some symptoms to the doctor, she thought it was time to try some Zantax for the acid reflux so we'll see if that helps any.
In terms of developmental milestones, we've seen her do everything that she is supposed to, even if it isn't happening too often.
It is such a blessing to know she is doing so well and everything that happened the last few months is behind her.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home