Lots to catch up on...
Well, Kayla and I made it through our first time being sick together. Jose's cold was passed on but we survived it and hopefully the exposure helped build her immune system. Needless to say we are no longer quarantine her. We are now out and about and starting to go out on errands, lunches and appointments. Things are much better now that we are healthy. I think two weeks ago when I wrote my last entry, we were already sick and I just hadn't realized it yet. It would certainly explain her lack of sleep, erratic eating and constant fussiness. She was congested, had a stuffy/runny nose and a little cough. I had the same but with a bad sore throat cough, and a fever. The nurse line at our doctor's was a little less than helpful and basically left it up to me as to whether or not to bring her in. She didn't have a fever (although I got really good at rectal temperatures :) )and nothing was going on that was really scaring me so I didn't take her in. We had many nights of us sleeping on the couch with her on my chest. It kept her at a more vertical angle and I was able to console her everytime she fussed. She had a couple days and nights where she was only getting 10 minutes to a half hour of sleep at a time. We were giving her saline drops and aspirating her nose because she was too stuffy to eat otherwise. Then, a drop of blood came out one time and so we stopped aspirating and just used the nose drops. Overall we learned a lot and made it through our first cold. It was good for me because I'm definitely less paranoid about germs now. I did have one day where I called crying to Jose to come home because things just got too overwhelming. But, the whole thing made me really appreciate the nights where I get 4 straight hours of sleep.
Her schedule changes daily. Sometimes she eats almost every hour, some days it is every three. Some days she sleeps all day and other days, there are only a couple naps. I just try to got with the flow. As I get out more I feel like I'm getting better at the whole car seat and diaper bag juggling act and I've learned just to move slow and give myself more time to get in the car and get to places. Last week I was kind of forced out because I had two dentist appointments and my post partum appointment - all in the morning. Jose and I had our first lunch out together. At the dentist I was thrilled to find out I only had 1 cavity!! They had warned me the pregnancy could have destroyed my mouth. My gums weren't great but should get better when I stop breast feeding. We love our dentist office. Everyone there is so great. Everything at the post partum looked good. I went grocery shopping with her for the first time too - the Bijorn was awesome for that!
Last weekend was nice, Jose and I got to relax with her. Saturday morning, I fed her in bed and then she got really happy and started cooing to us for the first time, it was super cool! On Saturday, I left a bottle with Jose and got some girl time with my friend Jen. We went and had the best pedicure I've ever had. It was really great to get out and have some girl time. Then she and her husband came over and we had dinner and watched a movie. Sunday we went for a walk, vegged and got the dogs groomed. We also got the announcements out so that was a nice relief - I really liked how they came out. This week has been great so far. Kayla and I had a couple of chill days to get the house cleaned up. Today was really fun. I met my friend Barb for lunch at the mall, then I went shopping in the stroller with her for the first time. It went really great. The biggest help was when they let me breast feed her in the dressing room of the maternity store. Then we went to Babies R Us and I got her some summer glasses and hats.
She starting to have some firsts. She flipped herself over from stomach to back two times in a row. She was pissed but still did it. She held her head up while on her stomach for 30 seconds. She is getting way more head control. She is looking at us a lot more and starting to track. In the swing or on the gymini, she is really starting to notice the toys. She is also starting to smile with her eyes open. They aren't response smiles yet but they sure are cute!! She absolutely loves to look at lights!
So things are definitely going well. I love they we are seeing the beginnings of interactions with us and her personality is definitely emerging. I really like going out with her. I'm really starting to feel like a mom. Caring for her is starting to feel more natural (like breast feeding, changing etc). While she was sick I was really nervous that the breast feeding was going badly but now that she is better, it is going great! She is getting so big. Last night she was 8 lb 10 oz - huge by our terms! She finally fits in 0-3 month outfits. Her eyes are still steel blue. We expect them to be brown but they could go hazel. I absolutely LOVE her spikey hair. She like baths but we still only bathe her 2 times a week.
Now that we are well, the blog should get some more regular updates!

1 Comments:
She's just so cute!!!
I breastfeed Mason in dressing rooms all the time - in any store that has one. It makes it much easier to go to the mall, knowing I can feed him almost anywhere!
Post a Comment
<< Home