Taking off into toddler hood! - climbing, ou-ies, bubbles, eating with a spoon
Now that Kayla has mastered walking, it feels like she has enter a new stage of toddler hood. Climbing has definitely begun. One morning I found her standing on top of the coffee table and she is starting to get to places we can't anticipate. She like doing things her own way. We got her costume for Halloween and I accidentally left it out over night - guess what she insisted on wearing the next morning :) She also love her new shoes and has ones she favors over others. Along the lines of doing it on her own - she really gets annoyed when I feed her now. She is getting the hang of using a spoon. She can eat a whole bowl of cheerios but still dips with yogurt. This weekend she always learned to blow bubbles. She has been trying for a while but sucks in or puts the wrong end to her mouth. With one of the gymboree tubular bubble blowers, she finally figured out that you need to blow out to make bubbles - she was so proud of herself :) One really good awareness thing that has happened is that a lot of the time she can tell me know "where something hurts". She can be fussy and have her hand on her jaw and if I ask her if her teeth are hurting, she will point to them and nod. When she falls I ask if she is hurt and she'll point to her finger or knee or whatever took the brunt of the fall. I can't tell you how great it is to get that leave of communication about ou-ies!
A cute story, once Kayla is up and we get ready to go to the kitchen, she and buffy wait at the baby gate to go out. Buffy's tail is always wagging in anticipation and the other day I came out to find Kayla sticking her face in the path of the wagging tail as she giggled while it tickled her face :)
The weather has definitely started cooling off her and it is sooo much nicer being able to go outside more often! No news on the house but we are still geared up to move!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home