The Dias Family

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Kayla and I had play group today. It was fun to see her start to interact with the other kids but it seems she is somewhat of a bully right now! She was the youngest there and by far the smallest (everyone else was walking) but she made 2 kids cry! While they were sitting, she would crawl over and grab their cheek and poke their eyes! And would take her hand and show her gentle touches but with no success.
Thing are going so great with the new routine we have! She is going down so easy for her naps. This morning I thought for sure that it was going to be rough putting her down because she didn't want to nurse and was struggling to get down but I still rocked her a bit and then just put her in the crib and told her "its nap time" and she cried for less than a minute before she was asleep in the crib. We got back from play group and she ate a full lunch and around 2:15 I nursed her and rocked her to sleep. Two times she woke up and cried for a few minutes but then went back to sleep. She slept until 4pm without me going in and nursing or holding her again! It was so great! And with the longer afternoon nap she is in such a better mood until bed time.
What she eats is a different story. I kind of have to be prepared with a lot of different items to eat because and each meal, she changes whether she wants texture or smooth, finger food or a spoon, or just which flavors she likes! For whatever reason, one thing that she has consistently liked is green beans. It makes no sense to me but I'll take it for now!

A great thing about her new routine is how much more I can plan for myself during the day. I've started a new exercise routine during her morning nap. One day I'll get on the stationary bike for 30 minutes and the next day I do a pilates tape. She takes a 45 minute nap in the morning so I have time to do the exercise and shower - it has been great. The afternoon nap is a little more touch and go still because I don't if or when I'll have to go in and sit with her for the rest of the nap but today sure made it seem like I might get some predictability there too. I unfortunately find myself snacking a lot while I'm following her around and I think I'm eating more than I think I am.

I've been letting her watch a little bit of sesame Street so I can eat lunch and I forgot what a great show that is! She LOVES Elmo and giggles as he talks. Music is still huge for her. She sometimes cried to get in my lap and then points (with her eyes.. doesn't point with a finger yet) at the stereo for me to turn some on - so cute!

We have major inversion again and both Jose and I are feeling pretty run down with it. It is still too cold to do much outside. I need to start researching more indoor things around. The story time near our house doesn't work with her nap schedule and that is going so well I don't want to mess with it. But, I hope and I can find others of those and I haven't been to the children's museum yet so I'm hoping she will like that! I've asked around for a mall that might have a place for kids to play and no one knows of one.

The only other news is that she has yet another cold...runny...runny nose!! When do they learn to blow into the kleenex? Oh, and she has TOTALLY learned to play with Spike. She follows him around and laughs so much when he licks her. They are certainly going to be buddies. It is nice for me too because he entertains her like a sibling :)

ttfn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home